SOUTH DAKOTA BIOTECH
Breakthrough Student Video Competition
What does "Biotechnology" mean to you?
What is this about?
South Dakota Biotech, SD EPSCoR and Sanford PROMISE present the first annual SD Biotech Video Competition – What does “Biotechnology” mean to you? The competition is a statewide opportunity for high school students, and freshman or sophomore year undergraduates to explore how biotechnology is a part of their communities.
The competition encourages students to be creative and use videos to show how biotechnology is feeding, fueling or healing in their community and helping to make a better world. Act it out, create an animation, sing it but, make sure it is appropriate for all ages.
- A high school student or a freshman or sophomore undergraduate student living in the state of South Dakota?
- Interested in making short videos?
- Excited about technology, science or both?
If you answered, "yes" to any of the questions above than this competition is for you!
Who can participate?
- 9th-12th grade high school students and freshman or sophomore undergraduate college/university students in South Dakota
- U. S. legal resident, residing in South Dakota
- Participants cannot be related to employees of SD Biotech, SD EPSCoR or Sanford PROMISE.
What are we looking for?
- Creative videos highlighting the importance of biotechnology to you as an individual and also highlighting its value to your community.
How can I participate?
For information on the application process and guidelines for participating in this competition please go to the following website:
For more information and questions please contact:
Tobi Odeleye (email@example.com)
Deadline for submission:
Friday, March 24th, 2017 by 11:59pm CST
Winners will be announced Spring 2017