SOUTH DAKOTA BIOTECH
South Dakota Biotech is the state affiliate of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO). This non-profit organization is dedicated to developing biotechnology through expanding research, advocacy, funding, education, infrastructure development and promotion.
Formed in 2006, South Dakota Biotech serves a membership which includes business, universities, service providers and state-wide economic development entities to expand the bioscience industry. The primary goals of the association are to:
- Connect leaders and experts.
- Collaborate to shape the future.
- Drive innovation to feed, fuel, and heal the world.
BUSINESS, EDUCATION AND SCIENCE WORKING TOGETHER
By creating an expansive bio-based economy in all areas of the life sciences including Human Health, Food and Agriculture and Renewable Energy Biotechnology, the South Dakota Biotech Association strives to establish a strong business and research climate to ensure a rich environment conducive to growth for the biotech industry in South Dakota and around the world.
The association aims to initiate progress for members by fostering industry partnerships, supporting research innovations, and working closely with state and federal policy makers through:
- Advocacy, policy and regulation monitoring,
- Access to resources for financing, expansion and commercialization,
- Significant cost-savings programs,
- Connections for collaboration through networking and events, and
- Opportunities and forums for education, training and promotion.